Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A Beautiful City Called Hope

The stories are coming in from Christmas With Style.

One of the drivers prayed with every woman she dropped off and then would pull over and weep because of the brokenness of each story. She'd cry out to Jesus on their behalf.

Christie went to Walmart to buy some panty hose and the like to give to the women, and after the clerks heard what was happening she left with more gifts and cash in her purse than when she'd arrived!

The first group Sunday morning had a couple of spots open due to cancellations. Gord called the Women’s Emergency Shelter and explained that there was 2 openings. The first woman who showed up asked what was going on. Gord explained that she was going to go to a salon and get a style, manicure, etc, and then go to the church to get a poinsettia, some clothes and other stuff. She burst into tears, explaining that she’d just came to town last night, and had all of her clothes and possessions stolen. She woke up in the morning and said, “God, I know that you have something for me today.”


Psalm 13
O LORD, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way? How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? How long will my enemy have the upper hand? Turn and answer me, O LORD my God! Restore the light to my eyes, or I will die. Don't let my enemies gloat, saying, "We have defeated him!” Don’t let them rejoice at my downfall. But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the LORD because he has been so good to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home