Saturday, March 11, 2006

Us

In The Great Divorce C. S. Lewis describes hell as a place where tiny humans are always in search of distance between themselves and others. Heaven, or eternity on the other hand is a place where people will seek proximity to one another because in that closeness they come to know God and themselves.

God designed the gospel for Us.

God designs the gospel for more than my goodness and my sin and my redemption and my liberation and my experience and my chance to get to heaven when I die. The gospel is about us before it's about me. My own I is in the Us, and a gospel of I without an Us is a gospel about me. I'm glad the gospel is for me but it is about more than me. Scot McKnight

Leviticus 26:11-12
I will live among you, and I will not despise you. I will walk among you; I will be your God, and you will be my people.

Revelation 21:3
I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, "Look, the home of God is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.

Have you embraced the community where your I is a part of an Us ? Ask yourself why or why not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home