Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Do you resist believing God is with you?

The anatomy of a lie:

First we listen to the lie, then we dwell on it. Ruminate on it, chew it over and over...

Soon we begin to believe it, and before long we’re acting on it. Then we forget it was a lie having turned it into an unconscious assumption.

Map out a specific lie that you know you’ve believed.

God has abandoned me.

When did you listen to the lie?

When my dad kept saying he was coming to visit but never showed up.

Whose voice did you originally hear the lie from?

The accuser.

What caused you to dwell on the lie?

It explained my circumstances.

Did it seem to provide hope?

Yes, because I was on my own so I'd better take care of myself.

At what point did you start to believe the lie was true?

As a young boy.

How did you act on the lie?

Became very independant and pushed people away.

Are your actions still governed by this lie?

I am learning to trust and surrender to the Father.

Does examining this pattern give you insight into other areas of your life where you might be believing lies?

Yes, but the list is a little long for here...

Never be sympathetic with the soul whose case makes you come to the conclusion that God is hard. God is more tender than we can conceive. Oswald Chambers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home