Thursday, August 28, 2008

Oh, how many lives are wasted by people who believe that the Christian life means simply avoiding badness and providing for the family. So there is no adultery, no stealing, no killing, no embezzlement, no frauds – just lots of hard work during the day and lots of TV and PG-13 videos in the evening (during quality family time) and lots of fun stuff on the weekend – woven around church (mostly). This is life for millions of people. Wasted life. We were created for more, far more. …. We need to add this: No one will ever want to say to the Lord of the universe five minutes after death, I spent every night playing games and watching clean TV with my family because I loved them so much. I think the Lord will say, “that did not make me look like a treasure in your own town. You should have done something besides provide for yourself and your family.” John Piper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home