Thursday, January 01, 2009

A year committed to breathing...

What if one of our desires in the next year was to connect more with God through talking to & listening for Him at any moment of the day?

Prayer is not something we pull out of the web of revelation and incarnation and then sign on to be “prayer warriors”. It is more along the analogy of breathing: if we are to live, we all have to do it. Although there are illnesses connected with breathing, there are no excellences. We don’t single out individuals and say, “She or he is a great breather.” Eugene Peterson

Psalm 27:13
I'm sure now I'll see God's goodness in the exuberant earth. Stay with God! Take heart. Don't quit. I'll say it again: Stay with God.

Philippians 1:3-6
Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God's Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home