Thursday, March 19, 2009

"rest for the weary"

Matthew 11:28-30
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

The unforced rhythms of grace... I feel like I'm just barely scratching the surface of that reality... but it is a real reality... an actual realm...

Romans 5:1-2
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

"...into this grace in which we now stand."

Faith today is treated as something that only should make us different, not that actually does or can make us different. In reality we vainly struggle against the evils of this world, waiting to die and go to heaven. Somehow we’ve gotten the idea that the essence of faith is entirely a mental and inward thing. Dallas Willard

Lord help me to surrender to your grace, where my striving ends & real peace begins. I know it exists- your word says that. I want to stand there... and lay there... and just be there where hope is truly alive! Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home