Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Resolutions and Change

As you contemplate the thought of changing things in your life, be it behaviors or appearances, what thoughts and feelings go through your mind?
  • I'm hopeless. I can't change.
  • I'm not that bad.
  • So-and-so is far worse than I am.
  • God must hate me and be so frustrated with me for being like this. I don't even want to think about him.
  • I should be able to stop this and be a better person.
  • This is so much a part of me that I can't imagine being different. This is who I am.
  • I'm worthless. Why does God even bother with me?
  • I can't bear looking at a list of my sins. It's overwhelming.
  • I am so sad when I think about my sin.
  • This has to change--I'll do whatever it takes.
  • I don't feel much about anything.

Resolve to make this next year one that will see you overcome your obstacles with God's help!

Psalm 65:11

You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home