Sunday, March 12, 2006

Be Strong and Very Courageous In God

Deuteronomy 34:10-12
There has never been another prophet like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face. The LORD sent Moses to perform all the miraculous signs and wonders in the land of Egypt against Pharaoh, all his servants, and his entire land. And it was through Moses that the LORD demonstrated his mighty power and terrifying acts in the sight of all Israel.

After reading of the death of Moses in Deuteronomy, it would be easy to think that the Israelites would have a more difficult time without him. Even though Joshua had been chosen and was "full of the spirit of wisdom", he may have been overwhelmed at the prospects ahead of him. Listen to what God says,

Joshua 1:1-9
After the death of Moses the LORD's servant, the LORD spoke to Joshua son of Nun, Moses' assistant. He said, "Now that my servant Moses is dead, you must lead my people across the Jordan River into the land I am giving them. promise you what I promised Moses: `Everywhere you go, you will be on land I have given you-- from the Negev Desert in the south to the Lebanon mountains in the north, from the Euphrates River on the east to the Mediterranean Sea on the west, and all the land of the Hittites.' No one will be able to stand their ground against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you.

"Be strong and courageous, for you will lead my people to possess all the land I swore to give their ancestors. Be strong and very courageous. Obey all the laws Moses gave you. Do not turn away from them, and you will be successful in everything you do. Study this Book of the Law continually. Meditate on it day and night so you may be sure to obey all that is written in it. Only then will you succeed. I command you--be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

Where is God asking you to go? Do the same promises still stand today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home