Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Changes that Heal

Henry Cloud has this to say as he compares a legalistic church to a good AA group:

"In a legalistic church, it is culturally unacceptable to have problems; that is called being sinful...in a good AA group it's culturally unacceptable not to have problems; that is called denial.

In a legalistic church, people look better but get worse; in a good AA group people look worse but get better. Because of a lack of grace and truth in some churches, Christians have had to go elsewhere to find healing."

Oswald Chambers writes that, "God is the God of our yesterdays and He allows the memory of them to turn the past into a ministry of spiritual growth for our future. God reminds us of the past to protect us from a very shallow security in the present".

Where is God bringing changes from your past that heal? Surrender to them today. Remember, experience is the best teacher, only if you learn from it.

John 12:44-47
Jesus shouted to the crowds, "If you trust me, you are really trusting God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the darkness. If anyone hears me and doesn't obey me, I am not his judge--for I have come to save the world and not to judge it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home