Friday, May 26, 2006

Love

I first heard the following words in a movie theatre in 1987 while watching The Mission. I told my pastor at the time that I wanted to go back and see the movie again, this time with a pad and pencil to write down "the most amazing words about love I'd ever heard."

He gracefully told me that it wouldn't be necessary to do that; those words were found in the Bible in a section called 1 Corinthians 13. That was on a Saturday night and the following Monday I bought my first Bible at The Bible Bookstore- a very large Thompson Chain Reference Bible. Soak up these words today...

Love is patient and kind.

Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way.

Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged.

Love is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear.

Thank You, God, for teaching me that now we know only a little, and even the gift of prophecy reveals little, especially without love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home