Thursday, May 04, 2006

Rebuilding

True discipline isn't on your back needling you with imperatives; it is at your side, nudging you with incentives. When you understand that discipline is self-caring, not self-castigating, you won't cringe at its mention, but will cultivate it. Sybil Stanton

Nehemiah 2:2-5
...I was serving the king his wine. I had never before appeared sad in his presence. So the king asked me, "Why are you looking so sad? You don't look sick to me. You must be deeply troubled." Then I was terrified, but I replied, "Long live the king! How can I not be sad? For the city where my ancestors are buried is in ruins, and the gates have been destroyed by fire." The king asked, "Well, how can I help you?" With a prayer to the God of heaven, I replied, "If it please the king, and if you are pleased with me, your servant, send me to Judah to rebuild the city where my ancestors are buried."

Nehemiah 2:17-18
"Let us rid ourselves of this shame and rebuild."

"Rebuilding the city is always harder than building the city. The same is true of lives." Rick Warren

We'll never rebuild the character of our life without the grace of God and some effort on our part. If we'll embrace the task at hand, by making the right choices over time and forming habits, we'll accomplish big things because we did the small things over and over.

Luke 16:10
If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones.

Don't give up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the encouragement.timing couldn't have been better.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home