Thursday, August 10, 2006

True Grit

Grit is having the passion and perseverance to achieve a worthy goal.

"Grit is tenaciously pursuing something over the long term. Perseverance or grit does make a difference in the long run. It allows a person to learn through their mistakes as well as through their successes. Also, by trying to achieve something day in and day out, you get better, and sooner or later, there is a breakthrough." Angela Duckworth, University of Pennsylvania

Was there an actor with more grit than John Wayne?

Was there a Christ follower with more grit than the apostle Paul?

The key to passing any grit test is that the thing being chased must be of the highest challenge.

It's all about passion!

Philippians 3:12-14
I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

So what are pressing onward for?

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Tkachuk said...

Well I tell ya pilgrim.......waaahaaa!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home