Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Power Of Negative Thinking

If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic. Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

Never underestimate the power of doubt and pessimism. In the exodus of Israel we see how God works with His people. Israel only moved when the cloud and fire moved and Israel stopped when the cloud and fire stopped. We however run when God is not moving and stay when God is moving. When we stop watching and listening we begin to live in the negative.

Look what happened next when the Israelites reached the Promised Land. The spies are sent in, see Numbers 13-14, and despite the reports of Joshua and Caleb that they can take the land, the complaints win the day.

Until God straigthens things out. Listen to what God says about Caleb:

Numbers 14:24
"But my servant Caleb—this is a different story. He has a different spirit; he follows me passionately. I'll bring him into the land that he scouted and his children will inherit it."

Who do you align with? Those who live in fear, who dwell on the negative, who fail to see God at work?

I have to admit, I'm with Caleb.

"Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic." Rosalind Russell

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob S said...

I'm with Caleb too Stew, God is so overwhelmingly powerful and at work that I pray that we can all take the time to listen and follow....

In the words of Yosemite Sam.... "yer either with me or yer agin me" I'm with Him and I know you are too!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home