Saturday, September 30, 2006

Break Free Manifesto

I Break free to live in the truth. I stop pretending to myself, to others, and to God about what is truly taking place inside of me.

I break free by choosing to live the unique life God has given me. I no longer live the lie of someone else's life or journey.

I break free by acknowledging my brokenness and vulnerability rather than trying to cover them over. I rediscover God's mercy and grace.

I break free from the need to attach myself to accomplishments, things, or people's approval to feel okay about myself. I experience the gift of being Abba's child.

I break free from the generational patterns of my family and culture that negatively shape how I relate and live today.

I break free from the illusion that there is something better, richer, more beautiful, than the gift of loving and being loved. (from Pete Scazzero)

Matthew 11:28-30
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home