Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The fellowship of the brokenhearted...



Join us fellow cracked pots as we learn to walk more honestly with God on Wednesday night @ 700 PM. All are welcome!

Being at the end of your rope is a great place to be. Don’t you apologise for being upset right now; for being wiped out. For being frustrated, for being at the place where you’re going "I’m not sure if I’m a Christian or not", "I’m not sure if I believe in God or not", "I’m not sure if this is a bunch of crap or not", "I’m not sure if I believe this stuff or not" – woo hoo! I’m glad you’re there. I’m so tired of people who go "I just love Jesus, I just love God, I don’t know why, but I guess it’s the way I should be" Oh please, I want someone going "I’ve tried you, God, I’ve reached out to you, God. I’ve done everything I know how to do, God, and I’m not sure this is working out. This doesn’t make sense to me. How can you give all these people Cadillacs on television and yet you can’t feed half the people in the world. How come you cured that person of a back ache and you can’t cure my dad form cancer? Come on, God. Show up! I’ve just about had it with you!" You know I think God is in heaven going "Man, I like you. Man, I love you. You can get mad; you still got some life in you. You still have some passion in you. You know how to get angry. I like you."

It's not about perfection; it's about our intimacy with God, or our connection, our relationship with God. Once we get through that, once we realize that we can be imperfect, flawed, broken; those kinds of things are the ingredients of spirituality.
Mike Yaconelli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home