Thursday, October 09, 2008

Bob Buford was lamenting losing some of his fortune in the markets several years back, especially because it was money he had earmarked to help build God's kingdom.

As he was once again going over it in prayer he heard the still small voice say,

“Bob, why don’t you quit trying so hard to make money for My purposes in the markets. Just keep the money safe, invest it in My work and let Me make the returns.”

We often try so hard to succeed, so hard to make a difference, so hard to take control so that we can fix things & quite often the message the Lord has for us is,

'Stop trying so hard. Let Me take care of things.'

Matthew 11:28-30
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home