Thursday, January 19, 2006

Swimming

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned the hard way that some poems don't rhyme and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it without knowing what's going to happen next." Gilda Radner

"The Station" Robert J. Hastings

Sooner or later we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly outdistances us.

"When we reach the station, that will be it!" we cry. Translated it means, "When I'm 18, that will be it! When I buy a new 450 SL Mercedes Benz, that will be it! When I put the last kid through college, that will be it! When I have paid off the mortgage, that will be it! When I win a promotion, that will be it! When I reach the age of retirement, that will be it! I shall live happily ever after!"

Unfortunately, once we get it, then it disappears. The station somehow hides itself at the end of an endless track.

I believe that the journey we’re on is an internal transformational trek that changes us on the inside, not fulfills us when we get something on the outside. Flowing with the spirit daily is what life is made of.

"Life lived for tomorrow will always be just a day away from being realized." Leo Buscaglia

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home