Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Chazown: The Vision Quest

Everyone ends up somewhere. But few people end up somewhere on purpose.

Where do you want to end up? What legacy do you want to leave behind? Each and every day you are laying the groundwork of your own legacy. That's a sobering thought.

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." Carl Jung

The Bible encourages us to find our purpose living through the life and gifts God has given us in the time we are allotted. We don't get to choose the times that we live in, they are given to us.

Isaiah 46:10
“I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.”

What are you doing to uncover your own vision? What purpose have you dedicated your life for?

Psalm 139:13–16
You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

The vision you seek, and need, can be many different things.
Vision is wisdom.
Vision is insight into the nature of things.
Vision is the ability to see the future.
Vision is the ability to dream.
Vision is the surging upward of personal creative energy.
Vision is one's life work.
Vision is a marrow-deep feeling,
a knowing,
a recognition of self,
a realization of what you can do.
Vision is transcendent, mystical knowledge - cosmic consciousness.
Vision is the sight of the sun rising in the
East to answer the hope that another day will come.
Vision is a series of "ahas!" about what your life has been and could be.
Steven Foster

Proverbs 29:18 KJV
“Where there is no vision, the people perish”

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Seburn said...

"What are you doing to uncover your own vision?"

"good question"...for me, thanks for asking.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home