Friday, May 05, 2006

Growth?

We want growth don't we? We really want to change and become more like Jesus, right?

When we're really honest, though, we'll admit that what we really want is growth without change. Growth without sacrifice. Growth without commitment. It's much easier and comfortable that way, isn't it?

“Stupid is as stupid does.” Forrest Gump

Have you ever cried and complained and beat yourself up over the fact that you’re not as close to God as you want to be— yet changed nothing?

Thought and character are one... You are where you are by the law of your being; the thoughts that you have built into your character have brought you there. James Allen

“I think I need to read my Bible more, but...”
“I really wish I had a deeper prayer life, but...”
“I want to be used by God to transform others, but...”
“I wish I had deeper intimacy with the Spirit, but...”
“I hate that I worry and doubt and have fears all the time. I wish that I had that peace that passes all understanding that Jesus talked about...”
“I wish, I wish, I wish...but, but, but...”

If something or someone is going to change, then it's got to be me.

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home