Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I Drive A Legacy

Our staple vehicle over the last 9 years is an awesome Subaru. While the 165 horsepower boxer engine lacks power, the all-wheel drive more than makes up for that shortfall. I think every car in Canada should have AWD. There is a second feature that I think every Canadian car ought to have-heated seats! Nothing like that on a cold Canadian morning.

What I like best about our car is it's model name- the Legacy. I'm driving a Legacy. There is some deep meaning to that. Every day I get up and begin a day full of tasks, relationships and all of the other stuff that creates a Legacy.

Each day I also drive my Legacy a little bit further to the grave. What will my Legacy be when its all said and done? I want to finish well-investing in my family, especially my three children. I want to leave people further along the journey of faith than they were when I first met them. I want to know that I'm giving God my best each and every day. I want to feel his pleasure in who I am.

You can drive your life in any direction you want to, but you can only drive it once. I'm driving my Legacy after God. What are you driving, and which way are you going?

There is a choice you have to make in everything you do. So keep in mind that in the end, the choice you make makes you.

2 Timothy 2:2
Paul told Timothy, "Pass on what you have heard from me to reliable leaders who are competent to teach others."

how careful then I ought to be
a little one now follows me
i do not dare to go astray
for fear she'll go the self same way
i cannot once escape her eyes
for what she sees me do - she tries
she thinks that i am good and fine
believes in every word of mine.
i must remember as i go
through summers sun and winters snow
i'm building for the years to be
THE LITTLE ONE WHO FOLLOWS ME

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home