Sunday, October 29, 2006

Jesus Is Enough

Dan Allender points out to us that we need Jesus desperately because He is enough.

He is not enough to resolve whatever crisis we face, but enough to help us courageously enter into it;

He is not enough to simplify the complexity of our life, but enough to submit to the few truths that really matter;

He is not enough to keep betrayal away from our door, but enough to enable us to suffer betrayal with dignity;

He is not enough to erase our self-absorption, but enough that we can know peace;

He is not enough to heal completely, but enough to help us find mercy and rest in the promise of a new day.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
God told me, "My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness."

Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Tkachuk said...

I just read this to Levi who lost his playoff football game and in this weakness and disappointment Jesus is enough.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home