Wednesday, October 18, 2006

NV Pt 2

1 Samuel 18:8
This made Saul very angry. ‘What’s this?’ he said. ‘They credit David with ten thousands and me with only thousands. Next they’ll be making him their king!’ So from that time on Saul kept a jealous eye on David.

Look what happens next...

1 Samuel 18:9
An evil spirit from the Lord came upon Saul as he was sitting in his house with his spear in his hand. While David was playing the harp, Saul tried to pin him to the wall with his spear, but David eluded him as Saul drove the spear into the wall.

Now look how David responds...

1 Samuel 24:4
Now’s your opportunity! Today is the day the Lord spoke of when he said, “I will certainly put Saul into your power, to do with as you wish.” Then David crept up unnoticed and cut off a corner of his robe.

David became conscience-stricken...

1 Samuel 24:5
But then David’s conscience began bothering him because he had cut Saul’s robe. “The Lord knows I shouldn’t have done it,” he said to his men. “It is a serious thing to attack the Lord’s anointed one, for the Lord himself has chosen him. So David sharply rebuked his men and did not let them kill Saul.

What drove David to this course of action?

1 Samuel 24:11
I have not sinned against you, even though you have been hunting for me to kill me. The Lord will decide between us. Perhaps the Lord will punish me for what you are trying to do to me, but I will never harm you.

We don't lose our joy by what happens to us, but rather by what we do to others...

1 Samuel 24:15
May the Lord judge which of us is right and punish the guilty one. He is my advocate, and He will rescue me from you power!

And Jesus said, "Bless those who persecute you."

Now, go and do likewise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home