Saturday, September 13, 2008

Living loved

As Christians, love is the meaning of our lives, and our days are to be spent becoming more and more proficient at giving and receiving God's love. Compassion, worshiping God through mindful availability, blessing others in community - all these are fancy ways of talking about something so elementary yet something so central and profound: receiving the love of Christ, so we can give the love of Christ. Judith Hougen

1 Corinthians 13:3-10
If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home