Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Lifebuilder's Creed

Today is the most important day of my life.
Yesterday with its successes and victories, struggles and failures
is gone forever.

The past is past.
Done.
Finished.
I cannot relive it. I cannot go back and change it.

But I will learn from it and improve my Today.
Today. This moment. NOW.
It is God's gift to me and it is all that I have.

Tomorrow with all its joys and sorrows, triumphs and
troubles isn't here yet.
Indeed, tomorrow may never come.

Therefore, I will not worry about tomorrow.
Today is what God has entrusted to me.
It is all that I have. I will do my best in it.

I will demonstrate the best of me in it -
my character, giftedness, and abilities -
to my family and friends, clients and associates.

I will identify those things that are most important to do Today,
and those things I will do until they are done.
And when this day is done

I will look back with satisfaction at that
which I have accomplished.

Then, and only then, will I plan my tomorrow,
looking to improve upon Today, with God's help.

Then I shall go to sleep in peace . . . content.
~ Dale Witherington

God, in the name of Jesus, give me the love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control I need today to live life to the fullest, in the way you want me to live. Fill me up to overflowing with Your Spirit so that I will produce all of this fruit in every word and action. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home