Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Mystery Of My History

Who am I?
Where am I going?
What am I to do?

One of the clearest indications of a flawed life story is its failure to give one the sense of purpose and conviction necessary to live life with an acceptable degree of optimism and resolve. A failed story no longer encourages the kind of life you feel it is important to live. Daniel Taylor

A Story yet to be Finished by Toni

The entire sky is white and the wind blows cold.
Bare-branched trees reach toward the heavens.

I sit. Contemplative. Introspective.
Seeking Hope and a Reason.

Pain, Joy, Hurt, Suffering, Grace, Loss
saturate the pages of my life.
Characters, dialogue, plots
that I cannot control overwhelm me.

The Author whispers softly to me,
"Your Hope is in that you are a story yet to be finished.
"Even more tenderly He spoke,
"I know you fully. I love you deeply."?

I rest. I am still. I experience Peace.

My heart says, "I know my Author
but I cannot control Him.
But I can wrestle with Him.
He can be trusted.

"I am a story yet to be finished.
I do not know about tomorrow,
but for the moment I understand.

"We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and mystery." H. G. Wells

Genesis 16:7-8
The angel of the LORD found Hagar beside a desert spring along the road to Shur. The angel said to her, "Hagar, Sarai's servant, where have you come from, and where are you going?""

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home