Saturday, January 07, 2006

Make Contentment An Inside Job

And you think you have a tough job?

An old Chinese Proverb states that "When the pupil is ready, the teacher shows up." Our attitude is, in essence, the expression of our faith and the display of our character for others to see.

Consider these questions from Wayne Cordeiro about your own attitude today:

1. Am I a lifelong learner? Or have I allowed my position in life to determine that I no longer need to learn?
a. Do I value learning?
b. Am I teachable? Humble?

2. What is my attitude toward problems, authority, family and money?
a. How are my personal relationships with family, friends, coworkers and neighbors?
b. If others were to rank my personality, would they say that I leave a bad odor in my wake or do I leave a beautiful fragrance for others to enjoy?

3. Generally, how do I respond to what happens to me? With worry or calm? With a good attitude or a bad attitude?
a. Do I view setbacks as stepping-stones or excuses?
b. How do I react when the odds are against me?
c. How would I rate myself in stress/worry?
d. Do I suffer from ailments (e.g., stomach upset, headaches, tiredness or broken relationships) that indicate critical attitude, stress or worry?

Philippians 4:11-12
Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home