Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Keep Hope Visible

A depressed man was asked to illustrate his depression, and so he colored on a piece of paper until the entire surface was black. There were no shades of grey.

He was then asked to imagine what hope would look like.

He cut out a tiny piece of yellow paper the size of a small pearl, and attached it to the corner of his picture.

Sometimes a glimmer of hope starts out very small indeed. Nurture that little pearl, that little light until it illuminates the way!

Be on the lookout for that sliver of hope in others that will help them break through the darkness.

"Hope" is the thing with feathers –That perches in the soul –And sings the tune without the words –And never stops – at all. Emily Dickinson

“Let me light my lamp and never debate whether it will remove all the darkness.”
Rabindranath Tagore

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day.

I think I can make it now, the pain is gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I’ve been prayin for
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day.

Look all around, there’s nothin
but blue skies
Look straight ahead, nothin but blue skies
I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day. Johnny Nash

Romans 5:1-5
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home