Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Habit of Dependence

Psalm 33:20
“We're depending on GOD; he's everything we need.”

Coming to follow Jesus is not just a continuation of life as it has always been and then adding God's blessing; it is rather a life of obedience to what Jesus asks us to do and a humble dependence on that way of life. It is a way of life in where we no longer sing that song, "I Did It My Way." Everything in our lives is submitted to God.

John 14:15
"If you love me, obey my commandments."

Matthew 22:37-39
Jesus replied, "`You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: `Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

What is holding you back from living today in the Great Commandment?

"Jesus I release all of my being in service to you and everyone that I meet today. Fill me with your life and love that it may leak out wherever I go. Amen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home