Tuesday, May 09, 2006

God Winks

It's been a week since I followed God's leading & gave up buying my beloved extra-large 2 cream 1 sugar coffee from Timmy's in order to support a child in need. Read about this in the post "Goodbye Coffee".

Interestingly I had mentioned the idea of giving coffee up in the Sunday morning talk & after the servce someone gave me a 'Roll Up The Rim To Win' prize for a coffee. Talk about God moving His people!

Then on last Monday I met someone for coffee & they bought me my favorite mix at Timmy's. Unknown to this person was the fact that I had already prepared my blog entry on the giving up coffee idea, but I wasn't quite sure I wanted to follow through with it.

That coffee was an amazing brew; if I was being sent to the firing squad & was to have one last coffee that was to be it. I savored every drop and sensed God's hand, or aroma in it, if you will.

Well, this morning I had been reading Gideon's story, and as I was passing by my favorite Timmy's I asked God to give me a sign that I was to get a coffee: He was to provide a parking stall in front of the store if I was to get a coffee. Well, to make a long story short, it happened.

On my seventh pass around the store there was still no parking stall, but I know that when one door closes a window often opens up: there in front of me was the entrance to the 'Drive Thru'. What an amazing sign from God-so I entered. Okay so I made this last part up. Read on, though, it gets good (or is that god)?

When I pulled up to the window the attendent politely told me that my coffee was paid for by the woman in the car before me. She had said that she was thankful I hadn't cut her off in the line, as we had enetered from different directions. Wow. An angel in a Dodge sedan bought my coffee. Yeah God!

One of our tasks is to discern God in the midst of life. This is the way to discover God's agenda.

The magic of believing is a manifestation of one of the greatest powers in the universe, the power of thought. By our thoughts we either create or destroy. You can build up your life by thinking constructively…or tear it down by thinking destructively. Norman Vincent Peale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home