Saturday, July 15, 2006

I've Got Rights You Know

Rights are big these days, aren't they? It seems daily that appeals go out on behalf of the Charter, or to challenge the Charter. More often than not the parties involved are seeking their own good. Granted, we need to have certain rights spelled out, but as Ken Sande reminds us, even as Christ followers it seems that we focus a little too much on our individual rights.

Rights are not something we deserve and possess for our own benefit. They are privileges given to us by God, and He wants us to use them for his glory and to benefit others, especially by helping them know Christ.

Consider thess questions whenever you ponder a discussion of the Charter,

"Will exercising my rights honor God by showing the power of the Jesus Christ in my life?"

"Will exercising my rights advance God's kingdom--or will it advance only my interests at the expense of his kingdom?"

"Will exercising my rights benefit others?"

"Is exercising my rights essential for my own well-being?"

Philippians 2:3-4
Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home