Monday, August 11, 2008

Every bird should get to fly...



I saw this ad on Friday night while watching the Seahawk & Vikings game. It gripped my heart & the Lord began to stir Isaiah 40:31 in a way I had never experienced before.

I could see myself as that little penguin, so eager to fly yet so incapable on my own. I was following the Master & He took me up; at some point I was flapping my own little wings thinking I was actually doing it - yet I really knew it was God providing the lift. He has such a desire to take us all up - if we'll only let Him do it.

It seems that we first have to tire of trying to get up in our own power. Some of us have gifts and at times it seeems like we are actually flying in our own power. In reality it's the difference between being in a simulator & actually going up in real life!

The world will tell you that money, power & sex are the way to acheive flight. Peter reminds us in 1 Peter that we have been 'redeemed from an empty way of life.'(1:18)

Our only option is to surrender and allow God to be our strength & the wind beneath our wings.

Stop being such a chicken, just scratching the surface- take flight!

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Lowe said...

It seems that our desire to fly is so great sometimes that we forget, in the excitement of the promises of God, that it is through the surrendering and the submission to the Lord that flying occurs. And, that surrender and submission always happens through the cross. Yet, for the joy set before him, our Lord endured the sufferings of the cross. Flying is the joy set before us; it is the joy that helps us to carry our cross!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home