Saturday, August 09, 2008

What kind of ego do you have?

Ken Blanchard is fond of saying that, "Ego usually means Edging God Out."

A far more accurate rendering for a follower of Christ is "Exalting God Only."

Which acronym fits where you currently are?

Galatians 2:19-21
What actually took place is this: I tried keeping rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn't work. So I quit being a "law man" so that I could be God's man. Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home