Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More six-word maxims for life...

We are starting a series on Ephesians & in chapter 1 Paul mentions grace many times. Over the next few weeks we'll look at several different analogies of grace in order to fully unpack what made Paul & the other early followers of Christ bend their entire life around it.

One of my favorite ways of learning to live in grace is to fully embrace the "Life of the Beloved" idea from Henri Nouwen.

Several six-word maxims for us at Community of Hope come from what Henri writes about his own life in the book,

Much struggle, much pain, much joy!

To speak a word of Hope!

You are safe where I am.

You are chosen, blessed, broken, given.

Matthew 3:17
This is my Son, chosen and marked by my love, delight of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home