Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Fifth Decade Begins...

Yes, today is my 40th birthday. It doesn't feel a lot different from my 25th birthday, except that I can't remember what that felt like!

God has blessed my with a wonderful wife, three amazing children and a cause to give my life to, the building of His church.

A friend sent me an ecard today that said, "God grant me the Senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference." Perhaps its not the version of the serenity prayer you're used to, but nonetheless quite functional.

I'll be accepting gifts and donations to the Stew Senility fund until the end of the month.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Stew. I hope you have an amazing day and that God will bless you throughout this next year.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You're only at half-time! May you go on to win the game in the second half!
Ronda and Gary

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stew, welcome to the decade where our bodies just don't seem to be able to do what they used to do ! Hope you had a great celebration and thank you for the blessing that you are.
Bob

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home