Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Rescuing Hug Habit

In the first week of life for a set of premature twins, each were in their respective incubators, and one was not expected to live. A hospital nurse fought against hospital rules and placed the babies in one incubator. When they were placed together the healthier of the two threw an arm over her sister in a endearing embrace. The smaller baby's heart rate stabilized and her temperature rose to normal.

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” Leo Buscaglia

Your touch can bring life to someone. Be God's hands and feet wherever you go.

Matthew 8:15
But when Jesus touched her hand, the fever left her. Then she got up and prepared a meal for him.

Jesus I surrender to your way. Help me overcome my hurriedness, my indifference to the pain of others, my discomfort at being 'touchy-feely' and my fears that I'll be misunderstood by showing your love through touch. Amen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs are good.... right Charles!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home