Thursday, August 14, 2008

We are 'in Him'

I've often found myself talking about my relationship with Christ but somehow that seems to sell it way too short. If all we have is a 'relationship', perhaps we’re missing out on the real life that Jesus wants to give us- especially as revealed in Acts. What if we could ask a baby in its mother’s womb, “Do you have a relationship with your mom?”

This is how Vince Antonucci sees the conversation going:

“…I can’t believe that you would ask that. How do I answer? I mean, yes, we do have a relationship, but c’mon it’s way beyond that. I mean, I live inside of her. I can’t live without her. I am totally dependent on her for everything that keeps me alive. I can’t do anything without her. So yes, I guess we have a relationship, but that’s a colossal understatement.”

What would the Lord say to us asking the question about having a relationship with Him?

“…relationship? You can call it what you want, but I’m inviting you into much more than a relationship. I’m offering to be the womb you exist within, and the blood that flows through your veins. I want to be the umbilical cord that brings you the fluids that sustain you, and I want to be those fluids that sustain you. I want to be the breath that enters your lungs when you’re born, and I want to be your lungs. What I want is for you to get lost inside of Me, and I want to be lost inside of you. My desire is for us to be one.”

Luke 6:36
Be compassionate as God is compassionate.

The meaning of compassion is suggested in part by its linguistic association in both Hebrew and Aramaic with a word for "womb". To be compassionate is to be like a womb. God is womb-like. Marcus Borg

John 14:20
On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Acts 17:28
For in him we live and move and have our being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home