Thursday, January 15, 2009

Embrace the risk!

Lately I've been reading Ben Carson's book, 'Take the Risk'. He opens it up with the idea that we, as (North) Americans, 'are obsessed with security'. That could be said of Christians & churches too!

I never recall Jesus saying 'Follow me & I'll give you a happy & comfortable life.' (I know he says that in Health & Wealth 3:16)

On Monday night Ginger & Maryanne get home from their adventures in a Moroccan orphanage where they came face to face with risk & fears of old. I can't wait to hear some of Ginger's stories in person of how the Lord met her fears & led her faithfully on the journey (even though she's kept us up with facebook updates!)

We don't get access to the kingdom sitting in our comfortable easy chair.

Where is God asking you to step out?!

Psalm 56:1-4
Take my side, God—I'm getting kicked around, stomped on every day. Not a day goes by but somebody beats me up; They make it their duty to beat me up.

When I get really afraid I come to you in trust. I'm proud to praise God; fearless now, I trust in God. What can mere mortals do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home