Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Habit of Finding Margin

The unbalanced life will not be kind to the areas we neglect.

Our 'margin' is the space that exists between ourselves and our limits. If we live balanced lives dedicated to God's purposes, He will help protect our 'margin.'

Jim Burns has created what he calls the "Overload Exam” to help us identify the kind of life we’re presently living.

1. Have you stopped enjoying life because you’re too busy?

2. Have you stopped developing new relationships?

3. Are you exhausted most of the time?

4. Do you and your spouse have a regular “date night?” (if you're married)

5. Do you have credit problems or a large load of debt?

6. Are you getting enough sleep?

7. Does your family have dinner together on a regular basis?

8. Do you take a restful “day off?”

9. Do you have regular “family time” together?

1 Thessalonians 5:18
Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 127:1
Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.

Lord Jesus I give my over-committed and under-connected life over to you. Help me to surrender to community with the friends that I have on this busy journey called 'life'. Give me courage to go where you call me to go and wisdom to avoid the rest. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home