Friday, April 21, 2006

The Habit of Traveling The Carefree Highway

Matthew 6:24-25
Therefore I say to you, Do not be anxious for your life, what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow; for tomorrow shall be anxious for its own things. Sufficient to the day is the evil of it.

If the Kingdom of God is our first and only priority, God will help us overcome anxiety. Stephen showed no anxiety at death since he saw the Kingdom expand from Jerusalem as a direct result of his death. Accepting death, our death to self every day, is the first step to a life of peace. Accepting our need to die means no blaming others.

Remember the old Gordon Lightfoot song Carefree Highway? "With knowin' I got no one left to blame."

Philippians 4:6-9
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

Dear God, help me to see my story in the story of your son, Jesus. Help me to pick up my cross every day, to die to my self that I might fully live. Let my spirit soar to spread hope wherever I go. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home